Monday, June 29, 2009

Beginning of Summer...

We began the summer well by immediately heading up to a Northern Wisconsin cabin.  As you can see, it was a bit larger than "Cronley's WhereIt'sAt" in MFL, but it did leave us longing for certain aspects of Mid-Forest.  
The lake was calm and mostly motor boat free, good for swimming, paddle boating, kayaking...
and FISHING!  
All of the kids caught at least one fish.  
We enjoyed the spacious cabin and the screened in porch.  I read 4 books off of the cabin's bookshelves (no they weren't Dr. Seuss!) and didn't free like I missed out on any lake fun.  The kids made a huge fort in the loft and even slept in it a couple nights.  
On our return to civilization, we celebrated Annie's #11 birthday.  Then, John and I ran in our 1st ever 5K road race.  He walloped me by a good 5 minutes, but my motto was "if I finish, I win!"  
Sara drove in for a visit and again experienced the Crazy Greening Life of running here, there and everywhere!  The hit of the visit was the manicure/pedicure session that she had for all of the girls.  
Mom stayed on to care for the kids while Kyle & I were off to the Cayman Islands!  This is a panoramic shot of the beach at Rum Point.  We had honeymooned on Grand Cayman, so we didn't feel the need to do as many touristy things.  We did kayak in the mangroves one morning and snorkel off the beach of our hotel.  We also saw many interesting creatures - sea stars, iguanas, and a stingray.  Mostly, we relaxed on the beach or at the pool and just enjoyed the sights and sounds of the island life.  Kyle's company spoiled us completely and it was difficult to return to our normal lives.  
Here we are at The Wreck Bar & Grill at Rum Point, lunch on Thursday! 

4 comments:

Joe C. said...

Lots of pix and video! You guys have been busy. Cabin in Wisconsin, trip to the Cayman Islands, Aunt Sara visiting. Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Looks like your summer is off to a great start! What fun vacations you have already had! Hope you have fun at ND over the 4th!

Sara said...

Great to "see" you again today, and I loved our time together!

Team Sheridan said...

Nice cabin. Looks like a lot of fun. I would love to go back to Grand Cayman island again. I stopped there once on a cruise and thought is was great. Great pictures.