Sunday, March 7, 2010

A few month's worth of updates

I have been so delinquent with my postings - SORRY! Here is a brief update.
Grandma Cronley visited on her travels around the upper midwest at Christmas Time - briefly before Christmas and then a bit longer for the New Years time frame. She treated us to one of our favorites - Macaroni Grill.
Erin continues to be a prolific artist. A mother of a classmate of Erin's recently told me that her daughter considers Erin to be the best artist in the class. Not sure about the Greening side, but I know that there is artistic talent in both the Cronley & Sheridan families and it certainly skipped over me!
We also convinced her to treat us to a Sheridan family tradition - Beef & Dumplings! Annie got to help out this year. I believe that would be at least 5th generation making this recipe.
We all enjoyed watching Katie & Erin play on the same 2nd & 3rd grade basketball team - made getting 2 kids to practices & games very easy. They improved quite a bit over their 6 games.

John has been running/conditioning with a track team indoor all winter - he's actually getting some definition and it's scaring me! He and Annie will begin outdoor middle school track later this month.

Kyle has been just working & working. He's in Miami right now for an international dermatology convention, standing at a booth.

I finished my formation as part of a team that put on a retreat for the ladies of our parish. The retreat was last weekend; formation has been a weekly meeting since October. I will be refocusing on my family and household now, preparing for the upcoming sacramental weekend --- John-Confirmation and Erin-1st Communion. Also, over Spring Break, I am enrolled in a 20 hour class to get authorized to substitute teach. I have come to realize that AGAIN - Mom was correct when she said that teaching was a wonderful career for a mother. We'll see how this goes.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the great updates and pictures. We can't wait to see you all next month!

Sara said...

Busy, as usual. You are amazing. Best of luck with subbing. For that amount of preparation you deserve a degree! Let me know if I can help.