Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer is winding down...

Well, John started football practice today.  We'll see how beat up he is when he gets home.  

Annie was busy learning a new skill today as well.  Here she is... "I went to a quilting class today!  You can see my masterpiece below.  I learned to use a sewing machine, poked myself with a lot of pins, and had a great time.  I plan to make many more quilts for relatives.  Let me know your color requests..."

      


Back to Brigid - I'm just excited for Annie to teach me how to quilt.  She also learned to knit last winter and has promised to teach me that as well.  

Katie & Erin are anxious to get back to school.  They can't wait to wake up early, sit in class all day and miss out on all their favorite TV shows.  Yeah, RIGHT!!!  Tomorrow is the first day of back to school life as far as bed times, wake up times, etc.  SCHOOL STARTS ON AUGUST 19th!!!!!  

   

3 comments:

Woods Family said...

Annie I would like any quilt. Our Family room is gold and green couches. Hint hint!
I am so impressed!!! We start school on the 21st with Anna's first day of Kindergarten!!!
Love Patty

Kelly said...

Beautiful, Annie! I am very impressed! We'll take any colors as well :) Enjoy this weekend and good luck with the start of the school this year!

Sara said...

Annie - count us in! neutral colors, like fall leaves I know you've all been in school for a couple weeks, now. Hope you've been having as much fun as I have in my sixth grade classroom!